Ok...I have it laid out in weeks, but nothing is ever that set in stone around here. We use our menu plan as a guide. I know what I have on stock for what meals, so we jumble things around depending on mood and such. I just cross off what we have so I know those items are used in the pantry.
Really, most months will look pretty much like this one. We are creatures of habit...we eat plain and simple foods. If I find a god buy on say, pork loin, we'll add that in, but generally, we are hamburger and chicken folks it seems. Sometimes our hamburger is beef, sometimes venison, sometimes ground turkey. Chicken is usually thigh/leg quarters or breasts. I'd love to hear any variations on the ideas I have here for hamburger and chicken, so do share!!!
Several of these recipes are tucked away here and there in my blog pages -- there is a Google bar on my Homestead Blog. I'm still moving recipes over here. If something isn't listed and you'd like it, drop me a line
The menu plan listed with ** are our Sunday meals. We tend to like those 'several hour' type of recipes that cook while we are at church.
Spaghetti and Meatballs, garlic bread, corn
Chicken & Dumplings, potatoes, rolls (starch overload, I think!)
**Sticky Chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans
Chicken Pot Pie (using leftover sticky chicken -- we do at least 6 at a time)
Meatloaf, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, potatoes
Chili Soup, cornbread/crackers
a turkey ham, corn sweet potatoes
Lasagna, garlic bread, green beans
Tater Tot Casserole, steamed broccoli
**Beef Stew (probably venison actually), cornbread
Homemade Pizza's
Tuna Casserole, sweet potatoes
Chicken Parmesean, corn, green beans
Hamburgers and fries, homemade buns
Stroganoff with potatoes, corn and peas
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta, mixed veggies
**Roast (venison), carrots, potatoes/sweet potatoes mix
Ham & Corn Chowder, rolls
Wet Burritos, Mexican/Spanish rice (as soon as someone shares a great recipe with me!! hint hint)
Rigatoni, garlic bread, green beans
THANKSGIVING DINNER
take-it easy left-over day....I hope!
Turkey-etti
Shortcut Vegetable Soup
Taco Soup, tortilla chips (homemade?? recipe anyone, without a tortilla press?)
Beef Pot Pie
Chicken & Rice Casserole
Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers, rolls
pancakes and sausage
pancake rolls (we wrap those pancakes around sausage links and freeze for quick reheating later)
homemade biscuit or muffin sandwiches
scrambled eggs and cheese
oatmeal (I have all those oat groats here and that flaker and I've never used either! shame on me!)
omelets
Granola
Odds & Ends:
5 gallon cookies -- some raisin, some chocolate chip
oatmeal cookies
quick sugar cookies
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
peanutbutter cookies
pumpkin raisin bread
applesauce bread
apple gingerbread







No comments:
Post a Comment