I have a Taco Lentil recipe already in my stash from Hillbilly Housewife's new site.
I need more ideas :o)
I'd like to venture off into lentil land here. They are just so darn inexpensive to not be using on a semi-regular basis.
Come on ladies...throw me some links, share some recipes, give me some ideas!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I just cook up a pound in the pressure cooker and divide them into one cup portions for the freezer. Thaw and mash to mix with ground beef. Proportions are up to you. Might season with some beef flavoring or basil, sage, nutmeg, and garlic. Make great patties or meatballs.
I also like lentils and rice with petite diced tomatoes. Seasonings are up to you. Add lots of shredded cheese and bake to heat through and through.
One of the best sources is the More with Less cookbook.
Make up your favorite spaghetti sauce. Cook lentils and brown rice together. About 2 parts lentils to one part brown rice. Cover by about an inch with water, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for about 45 mins or until lentils and rice are both tender. Drain any remaining water (put in your "broth" pot in the freezer). Put spaghetti sauce over it. Serve with cheese and some bread - galic bread is good. So is a salad. I like grated Cheddar cheese.
Use in meatloaf and in pot pie recipes and chili. Its also good in beef stew.
Post a Comment