This is from Raising Knights and Maidens....definitely worth a visit, and check more delicious recipes.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Homemade Bread~

Soft Oatmeal Bread~one loaf
1 1/2 cups of water
1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup)
1/4 cup oil ( I use coconut oil or even butter in a pinch)
2 t salt
1 t lemon juice
3 cups unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats
2 1/2 t yeast
Mix all ingredients. Knead 5 minutes. Grease and flour bread pans. Place dough in pan, cover with towel, let rise 40 min to 1 hour. Preheat oven 350*. Bake 35 minutes
This recipe will make one large loaf of two smaller loaves. I like the smaller loaves for sandwiches for my little ones so I divide the dough in two . As you can see above, they still come out pretty big.
Recipe from Taste of Home Jan/Feb 2007 Simple and Delicious , Quick RecipesThis recipe is soooo easy. Gunnar made it, with my supervision, and it came out wonderfully! It also is firm enough to hold up to make sandwiches (when you make two loaves out of the one recipe) and leftovers taste delicious as French Toast. Enjoy~







3 comments:
I'm going to back some tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe.
That looks really good. I love new bread recipes.
do you use whole wheat flour?
Post a Comment